There are two types of people. Those who use ketchup and those who use mustard. Today an amigurumi pattern for both groups: ketchup and mustard from yarn!
TOOLS AND MATERIALS
- mustard or red yarn (I used Phidar Cabotine)
- crochet hook (I used 2,25 mm)
- tapestry needle
- stitch markers
- safety eyes 8 mm
- black embroidery thread
- white embroidery thread (mustard only)
- light pink embroidery thread (mustard only)
- black felt and fabric glue (ketchup only)
- MR – magic ring (here you can find a tutorial which will help you make a magic ring)
- sc – single stitch (here you can find a tutorial which will help you make a single crochet stitch)
- inc – increase (here you can find a tutorial which will help you make an increase)
- dec – decrease
- BLO – back loop only (here you can find a tutorial on how to use the back loop only)
- ch – chain
R1: 6 sc in MR 
R2: inc x 6 
R3: (sc, inc) x 6 
R4: (2 sc, inc) x 6 
R5: (3 sc, inc) x 6 
R6: (4 sc, inc) x 6 
R7: BLO sc in all 36 stitches 
R8-28 (21 rounds): sc in all 36 stitches 
Attach safety eyes between rounds 12 and 13. There should be about 8 stitches between the eyes.
Stuff the toy and continue stuffing as you go.
R29: BLO (4 sc, dec) x 6 
R30: (3 sc, dec) x 6 
R31: BLO sc in all 24 stitches 
R32-33 (2 rounds): sc in all 24 stitches 
R34: BLO (2 sc, dec) x 6 
R35: (sc, dec) x 6 
R36: BLO sc in all 12 stitches 
R37-38 (2 rounds): sc in all 12 stitches 
R39: (2 sc, dec) x 3 
R40: sc in all 9 stitches 
R41: (sc, dec) x 3 
Cut off the yearn leaving a long tail. Thread the tail through a needle. Weave the needle through the front loop of each of the 6 st, always going in the counter-clock direction. Pull the yarn tail to close the hole. Insert the needle through the middle of the hole and pull through the amigurumi.
Between the eyes (i.e. between rounds 12 and 13) embroider the nose. Use the main yarn (red for the ketchup, mustard for the mustard ;)).
Above the eyes, between rounds 14 and 15 embroider the 3-stitches wide eyebrows.
[Mrs. Mustard] With the use of light pink embroidery thread embroider the cheeks below the eyes.
Embroider the eye details in accordance with the below instruction.
[Mr. Ketchup] Cut out little mustache from black felt and, using fabric glue, glue it just below the nose.
The pattern in this publication is protected by copyright of the author of leliacrocheting.com. You can sell finished products made by this pattern as long as you give credit to the designer. Thank you for your understanding.